- Rhymes: -ʌbi
- In the context of "pejorative|slang": An overweight person. Term is commonly used to tease obese children and adults.
Tubby can refer to:
- Tubby tuck, the famous rapper.
- King Tubby, a dub musician
- Tubby Hall, a jazz drummer
- A. A. Englander, a cinematographer
- a character in the Little Lulu comic strip
- one of the Bash Street Pups, a comic strip
- William Tubby, the Brooklyn architect
- Tubby, the canine fatality of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge disaster
- Tubby Smith, University of Minnesota Basketball Coach; former head coach of University of Kentucky
- Tubby protein, a family of proteins with a characteristic tertiary structure implicated in obesity
adipose, beefy, big-bellied, bloated, blocky, blowzy, bosomy, brawny, burly, buxom, chubby, chunky, corpulent, distended, dumpy, fat, fattish, fleshy, full, gross, heavyset, hefty, hippy, imposing, lusty, meaty, obese, overweight, paunchy, plump, podgy, portly, potbellied, pudgy, puffy, pug, pugged, pursy, retrousse, roly-poly, rotund, roundabout, snub-nosed, square, squat, squattish, squatty, stalwart, stocky, stout, strapping, stubbed, stubby, stumpy, swollen, thick-bodied, thickset, top-heavy, turned-up, well-fed, white plague